We rolled into Sheffield at around 3am. I slept until just before the complimentary breakfast ended and joined Jenni and Graham for some yogurt and toppings. I got the most surprising and joyous phone call from Miss Jessica Halliburton in my hotel room! I was completely FLOORED by her detective work. Jessica, thank you again for that.
Next on the agenda - birthday trip to the nail salon. Unfortunately it smelled so densely of acrylic that we opted for a more classy affair. At around 3pm we (Lily, Jenni, and myself) went for tea and dessert wine at a French cafe. On to sound check, dinner, a sold out gig (David blew up - rightfully - at a security guard in the middle of the show!), and finally - I was led into the catering room at the end of the night to a surprise party equip with a huge chocolate cake and a band-made bar full of my favorite ingredients (gin, cachaca, mint, chopped limes and lemons, a fantastic home made sangria by Sir Steven, the list goes on...). Paul, the bassist, became the DJ for the night, Steven the bartender, and we danced the night away... well, until bus call. :) It was raucous and Dionysian (sp?) and lovely. I missed you guys but felt you in spirit. Photos to come. I might be one of the luckiest girls to ever turn 24.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment